1. The purpose of this article is to describe the different branches of the TAU government.
2. The American Universe’s structure is based on that of the United States of America. Separating TAU’s powers in the model of the United States is to impose on it the limitations and checks and balances that have been constituted by the U.S. Constitution but have since been eroded. There will be three distinct branches of government: The Executive Branch, the Judicial Branch, and the Legislative Branch.
3. The Executive Branch: The Executive Branch will consist of a President and a board of directors and advisors who will take care of the day-to-day operations of The American Universe. For the first 10 years, the Founding Decade, the founder of The American Universe will be the President after which elections will be held according to a process to be determined during the Founding Decade.
4. The Judicial Branch: The Judicial Branch will consist of the judges that are appointed to adjudicate petitions. Judges will be appointed by the President during the Founding Decade. The election process after the Founding Decade will address the election or appointment of judges but no judge will be appointed that hasn’t pledged an oath of allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of TAU. No judge will be immune to the petition process.
5. The Legislative Branch: The Legislative Branch will have the power to review the laws and constitution of The American Universe, which has to be signed by the President to become the law of TAU.
Please also read Article Fifteen, Violations, for an explanation of the application of this article.